Protect yourself from Scammers
- If the advertised price of a good, service or rental property looks too good to be true, it probably is. If you have any doubts, don’t go ahead with the deal.
- Don’t trust the legitimacy of an ad just because it appears in a reputable newspaper or classifieds website – scammers post fake ads in these too.
- Do an internet search using the exact wording in the ad, many well-known scams can be found this way.
- For rental properties or holiday accommodation, only use reputable online booking agents – do an online search to find out which ones are reliable. Always check the refunds and cancellations policy.
- For expensive physical goods, the safest option is to only pay the seller after you have inspected the goods in person. Similarly, do not pay a deposit or any partial payments before you have inspected an item.
- Don’t trust an ad that says you can buy a pet from overseas in a few weeks as there are quarantine procedures that need to be followed.
- Avoid any arrangement with a stranger that asks for payment via money order, wire transfer, international funds transfer, pre-loaded card or electronic currency, like Bitcoin. It is rare to recover money sent this way.
- Be wary of any transactions that involve an overpayment, and requests to refund the excess money by internet banking or wire transfers.
- For items of high value, do not allow potential buyers to inspect the goods without someone else being there to supervise.
Owino Market Online will not take blame for any wrong transaction made but we can help you follow up the person who could be involved in a false transaction. Thank You .
For every ad their is a report option incase you are suspicious about any product or item being sold to you. Contact Us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org